free website stats program Oil light came on and won't go away. | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil light came on and won't go away.

Bryan Erickson

Hello, I'm in need of some advice. I don't have the money to take this bike to a shop so I'm stuck working on it myself. I just recently had to replace my rear tire and get it balaced. I installed new bearing in the rear wheel because I had a death wobble at 50mph. Took the bike out after reinstalling the rear tire at about 60 I cut the engine to check if tgere was any vibration which there wasn't. Restarted the bike then all of a sudden my oil light stayed on... I now noticed top end noise as well which leads me thinking to no oil pressure.. And insight would be greatly appriciated.

Probably depends on what year and engine you have but low, 8-15 hot idle, 30 plus high rpm.
I think this switch is set to turn on the light at 5 or so.
The acceptable oil pressure is low but the important part is volume.
But light on and engine noise are not good.
You can pick up oil pressure tester from harbor freight.
Thread tape the fitting start engine cold and monitor up to normal operating temperature.

Probably depends on what year and engine you have but low, 8-15 hot idle, 30 plus high rpm.
I think this switch is set to turn on the light at 5 or so.
The acceptable oil pressure is low but the important part is volume.
But light on and engine noise are not good.
You can pick up oil pressure tester from harbor freight.
Thread tape the fitting start engine cold and monitor up to normal operating temperature.
I appologize, I thought I put that info in the post last night. It's an 07 Road King 110 SE FLHRSE3

Back