free website stats program Oil Leak | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Leak

MBHD93

93 FXDL, 60,000 + miles. It appears that the lower primary to Transmission bolt is leaking. I have read many inquiries in the self help section but still have a a question. Does anyone know of a way to stop the leak without pulling off the inner primary case?

thanks.

I had a similar problem on my 94 fxdwg i just pulled the bolts holding the inner primary to the gearbox and coated the underside of the head and the underside of the tab washers with hylomar put the bolts back in and torqued to spec and sorted

Brian

In my chain case, I noticed that there appeared to be crushed O rings on the chain case bolts between the chain case and the engine / transmission. Went to the Harley dealer to get replacements. The dealer's parts department drawings showed no such O rings? I took it upon myself to slightly countersink the bolt holes inside the case to allow for O ring crush and sealing. I installed thin O rings on the bolts inside the case and on the bolt threads between the chain case and the engine transmission. They have to be very thin O rings or they won't crush properly to seal. Not a drop of oil leaks out from between the chain case and Engine / Transmission.

Back