free website stats program oil inside | Harley Davidson Forums

oil inside

rydahog

I have noticed a film of oil inside my k&n new a/c ..it appears to be coming from small hose attached to rear cylinder.? good? bad? not to worry? also and this is important i think, would a small amount of oil appearing there effect my engine performance in that i get ever so slight stuttering,,maybe a milisecond, like a burp if you will.. sometimes at low speed,,sometimes at higher speed.
I just installed ejk gen 3 ,,and cannot dial it in. It seems weird?? help!!
I disconnected ground wire from ejk..and went kept both stock and k&n a/c and it got worse..also i have rush 2.25's

First off 2.25 baffles are too big. You probably are getting fuel standoff from reversion.

Also did you verify no intake leaks? It sounds lean from what you posted.

Do you have 2 of those hoses, one to each head on your bike pushing the oil into the A/C?

Are they both pushing oil or just the rear one like you mentioned?

First off 2.25 baffles are too big. You probably are getting fuel standoff from reversion.

Also did you verify no intake leaks? It sounds lean from what you posted.

Do you have 2 of those hoses, one to each head on your bike pushing the oil into the A/C?

Are they both pushing oil or just the rear one like you mentioned?

ok here we go,, i installed rush, 2.25, and k&n a/c as per OTHERS recomendations from website. Also because of the addition of the dobeck EJK, gen 3 ...bike seemed to run ok, with their settings.

i did my best to find and eliminate air leaks,,only found the exhaust bolts a bit loose and tightened them...i can order new baffles? 2.0's or 2.50? not sure which way to go with that..?
the hose i found on the back head had the oil, and non in front head that was noticible. And it was creating a coating inside the a/c housing, not dripping wet but wet. this is where i stand now. dobeck produck seems to be fine, but it seems weird that this happened now? maybe with the addition of 2.25 baffles?? will listen to all suggestions..:newsmile07: getting ready to go back to stock and forget the whole deal...:(

If you're open to suggestions, I would go to a 1 3/4" baffle, remember now that the pipes are 1 3/4" so a larger baffle will reduce the back pressure needed to run right and can cause other problems too. It may help or eliminate the oil situation but some oil misting is pretty much normal for these type breathers.

Hows your oil level. I ask because I had a small amount in my breather box and it turned out that the oil level was too high.

If you're open to suggestions, I would go to a 1 3/4" baffle, remember now that the pipes are 1 3/4" so a larger baffle will reduce the back pressure needed to run right and can cause other problems too. It may help or eliminate the oil situation but some oil misting is pretty much normal for these type breathers.

fine i will do this baffel change, asap, but do you think this may be cause of the "burp"? i am experiencing? its almost like something is interfering with the proper amount of fuel in the intake..and i am assuming its partially from oil? and also back pressure of pipes? am i on track here? thanks..

fine i will do this baffel change, asap, but do you think this may be cause of the "burp"? i am experiencing? its almost like something is interfering with the proper amount of fuel in the intake..and i am assuming its partially from oil? and also back pressure of pipes? am i on track here? thanks..

Hard to say from where I am sitting now but it is possible ruling out all other possibilities.

Have you taken it to the Dealer Under Warranty???

I would go there and ask them... If you worry about the Gen3 it can be disconnected (ground wire) IF the HD dealer thinks IT to be the problem OF Fueler which I doubt is the problem..... Work with them and question them and you MAY benefit..... Just tell them ALL that you have done and Hopefully you have a good dealer that will Help You Out...

They would Like you to BUY another some day... So they better be nice..

signed....BUBBIE

Running a twin cam hard expect a bit of oil in the filter. The heads are set up to breath through into the air filter. Do not over fill oil tank this will make oil carry over worse, make sure these hoses are not obstructed and are attached good to the nipples on the heads:s

Back