free website stats program oil in air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

oil in air filter

chrimes

This was going on a few years back and the dealership did something to fix and tried to say they didn't know what it was. I just changed filter and there is some oil in it. I think the engine is vented to air cleaner area but it doesn't seem right. I run about a half a court of oil low on purpose because an old friend siad to years ago. It doesn't seem to blow enough into the filter to make me have to keep adding I just want to know if there is a fix. Its hard to breathe through a wet washcloth!

This was going on a few years back and the dealership did something to fix and tried to say they didn't know what it was. I just changed filter and there is some oil in it. I think the engine is vented to air cleaner area but it doesn't seem right. I run about a half a court of oil low on purpose because an old friend siad to years ago. It doesn't seem to blow enough into the filter to make me have to keep adding I just want to know if there is a fix. Its hard to breathe through a wet washcloth!

A bit of oil after a hard run well some say it is normal, oil pump alignment can make a big change on the TC motor, you can also change the backing plate and breather on the air filter with an after market breather and filter to eliminate this:s

Back