free website stats program oil coolers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil coolers

If you are going to reuse your old cooler count on a lot more time for your install. I mounted mine three times befor I decided that I liked its present location. That meant making 3 different brackets. Then plumbing it was another issue deciding were to route the hoses. I used an old Deraile cooler I had laying around and I got a Jagg oil filter adapter from another source.

I uesd a JAGG oil cooler and a MANUAL valve not automatic...also a LEFT side frame mounting(my preferance)... I don't like the ones: low in front of motor(dirt can fill the radiator like coolers).

I agree. My HD oil cooler was pretty clogged with dried mud after a few days riding around Sturgis this year. Scraped some of it off and heavy rain in New Mexico took care of the rest. I imagine that a Jagg oil cooler mounted on one of the frame down tubes would stay a lot cleaner and therefore cool better.

I have a HD oil cooler on my '99 Ultra. It was worth the cost, relatively easy to install, and works well.

The one for the Ultra models mounts very low in between the down tubes...personally, I like
the one mounted higher up in between frame downtubes Oil Cooler Kit (p/n 26157-07)...

like the one Eleft36 has on his softtail, less the *bling* HD has a chrome logo trim cover to dress it up a bit...

Last edited:
Back