free website stats program Oil cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil cooler

mingo13

I was wondering is it worth putting an oil cooler on a 05 ultra? I don't plan on pulling anything with it just some 2 up riding. I do live in the south so it can get warm here in the summer.

Any thing you can do to keep your motor cooler will definitely help in longevity. Oil cooler,synthetic oil and a good tune IMO

Its also possible to change the thermostat in the HD and Jagg to a lower one and gain more cooling if desired.

when installing the hoses, use permatex hi-tack sealant on the fitting.
DON'T use RTV because it clumps up inside.jagg oil coolers are great but get one from jagg. some on the internet are from china, filled with sand, & the inner tubes don't swirl, which allows for max contact .this is from a info sheet jagg provides inside the box.as I did my '09 tri-glide. also use adal clamps or
PEX clamps .they work great.

Last edited:
when installing the hoses, use permatex hi-tack sealant on the fitting.
DON'T use RTV because it clumps up inside.jagg oil coolers are great but get one from jagg. some on the internet are from china, filled with sand, & the inner tubes don't swirl, which allows for max contact .this is from a info sheet jagg provides inside the box.as I did my '09 tri-glide. also use adal clamps or
PEX clamps .they work great.

I have the Jagg 10 row with their fan that pulls the air through the cooler. I had also added an over-ride fan switch that allows me to turn on the fan before the internal sensor turns on at 190 or if some reason the sensor switch stops working. I spoke with Jagg and the ones that were filled with sand were not his doing. They were knock offs ( copies) and they were purchased through Ebay. I run a 113 Ultima in my trike. Which is 1851cc. When I ride at 70mph on a 95 degree day. On my Dakota digital oil temp gauge. Which senses the oil temp before it goes through the cooler. My temps are between 190 and 202. Im also using mobile 1 synthetic oil 20w 50w for my winter riding and during the summer I use Amsol 60w.

253403_1869835063061_483313_n.jpg

255645_1869836743103_7101667_n.jpg

Jagg is the way to go! Just incase you were thinking about Ultra Cool. Here's some comparison pictures.

250103_1869835903082_8362037_n.jpg

248976_1869835783079_3823751_n.jpg

zoood

Back