free website stats program Oil cooler fan kit on ebay | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil cooler fan kit on ebay

oiler

There is a guy on ebay selling a fan kit for HD oil coolers. Has anyone tried one of these kits? His feedback is quite good. Three fans are installed on the backside of the oil cooler and the wiring is connected to the AUX switch. You switch them on when needed.

Harley Premium Oil Cooler Fan Kit for Touring Models # 26155-07, 26082-05B

022a_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a guy on ebay selling a fan kit for HD oil coolers. Has anyone tried one of these kits? His feedback is quite good. Three fans are installed on the backside of the oil cooler and the wiring is connected to the AUX switch. You switch them on when needed.

I would Rather use the Fan that replaces the Horn on My 09 FLHR.... I think it would do more good than the oil fan and be Less of a CLUTTER problem...
J MHO....

signed....BUBBIE

I agree with Bubbie. The fan will probably just restrict normal air flow through the cooler more? The LeNale fan that he mentioned actually blows cooling air over the cooling fins thereby aiding cooling. Just my opinion

see if smitty has anything to say on new design of that fan he got his replaced after it caught fire

Harley Premium Oil Cooler Fan Kit for Touring models: eBay Motors (item 270587913560 end time Jul-01-10 22:01:37 PDT)

Instead of heading off the LeNale route like the others, I will stay on what you asked. I looked at that one too. For $69 it beats the cost of one of those side fans. I do not spend much time in stop and go traffic, so I decided not to get one, but I believe if I was to be doing stop and go or parade riding I would pick one up and give it a try. But if I was doing parade riding I would probably get both. I know there is another company that offers something similar with their oil cooler, but that runs $450 (oil cooler and fan), so the concept is valid. Based on the information from the seller, the current draw is minimal, so keeping it running probably wouldn't hurt either. No matter what, if you have an oil cooler you will get some benefit, even when you are not moving from the convection of the heat. I am going to run this summer with just the oil cooler I installed, but come July, if I am not seeing the kind of temperatures I want I will probably try this first.

I also live in a hot area, South Texas has been known to get up there during the summer.

I actually designed one of these fans for a friend of mine about 10 years ago. Due to an ankle injury he was forced to convert to a trike, during the stop and go traffic that Baltimore has his trike kept overheating. Since he had plenty of room under the body of the trike I relocated the an oil cooler towards the back of the trike that housed a shroud with two small 12 volt fans (Radio Shack) and installed a aux switch to turn them on/off when needed. Worked great and also added almost an extra quart of oil to the mix. Lowered the oil temp right about 11-13 degrees while sitting in traffic.

Back