free website stats program Oil change! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil change!

Ok guys, heres the scoop. I did drain the tranny, but I meant to. I always use Redline Shockproof tranny fluid. It is bright red and hard to mistake for engine oil. And yes, I did drain the Primary as well. I refilled with 38 oz. of Spectro Primary oil. Yes I do see where it would be easy to mistake the tranny drain plug for engine oil. But I think I found the problem. I unscrewed the allen head plug in the bottom of the engine. I bet the combination allen set screw/bolt in the side is probably the right one. :small3d023: I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Ok guys, heres the scoop. I did drain the tranny, but I meant to. I always use Redline Shockproof tranny fluid. It is bright red and hard to mistake for engine oil. And yes, I did drain the Primary as well. I refilled with 38 oz. of Spectro Primary oil. Yes I do see where it would be easy to mistake the tranny drain plug for engine oil. But I think I found the problem. I unscrewed the allen head plug in the bottom of the engine. I bet the combination allen set screw/bolt in the side is probably the right one. :small3d023: I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Just a warning: Be careful as that Plug (machine access opening) can Crack the engine block If removed ,,,,, or Put back in too tight...

signed....BUBBIE

Now you will need a little More oil than thought as the motors "kept oil" was drained..

I like your (our) choice of Redline Shockproof

Check this out for the location of the drain plugs:

Changing Your Oil (drain plugs) - Harley Davidson Community

As Bubbie wrote above, be very careful with the pipe plug at the bottom of the engine case!! This in NOT supposed to be removed.

TQ

Back