free website stats program Oil Change Advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Change Advice

The other day I posted about my shifter lever sticking in the down position in 1st gear... end result was take shift lever off; detach fron end of linkage, pull lever out from the boss and clean and re-lube. My bike shifts better now than any HD I've ever riden. Silky smooth! It still has the typical HD wet cluch clunk when it's cold, but that is to be expected. Looking at the year of your bike in your profile info, you might consider taking the shifter apart and clean and lube it.

To eliminate that first big clunk when selecting 1st gear when cold hold the clutch in for about 8 sec that gives enough time for the plates to fully seperate and the oil to be thrown clear and it should slip into gear quietly

Brian

To eliminate that first big clunk when selecting 1st gear when cold hold the clutch in for about 8 sec that gives enough time for the plates to fully seperate and the oil to be thrown clear and it should slip into gear quietly

Brian

I am finding by pulling in the Clutch and rolling back and forth even a few feet no more clunk Try it or count to 10:s

Thanks for the advice guys, i will be adjusting the clutch next and in the summer i will go to a slightly lighter clutch oil.

Back