free website stats program Oil blowby | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil blowby

silentflyer, I just sent you a pm that has the drawing attached and this one is readable. Hope it makes sence, I'm not very good with mechanical drawings. My apologies to all for have so much trouble sending the drawing, my computer skill aren't very good either.

Sheepdogmarin/Glider
I have a drawing of how I routed the blow by oil tubing up to get it all in the intake. I received your private message and would love to reply, by I don't know how to. I want to send an e-mail with attached drawing. Help.
Mac

Okay, Sheepdogmarine, I think I can give you a link now so you can pull up the drawing. Still don't know how to send it in a pm. Try, [removed] . Hope you get the drawing and that it'll help you see what I did.

Okay Sheepdogmarine, I just tried it and I could hardly make it out, so it will not help you. You must have a stage 1 installed that uses a K&N air filter. You can't do what I did with a stock air cleaner'. Very simple set up w/stage one. Just remove the cover and filter element and find the inlet through the air breather mounting plate where black rubber hose is attached and put a piece of 1/4" tubing in that hole and have it bent around so that it is aimed at the intake. Bend it so as the filter will fit down over it. Make sure the tubing is well attached into the fitting so that is doesn't come loose and jam the slide or get sucked into the intake. Hope this helps.

Mac,

That makes more sense now. I took mine apart yesterday and what you are saying makes sense now. Nice simple idea.

I'll get it fixed up and see how it goes.

I never got the link to work, but will post a picture of mine when it is done.

Thanks for your help!

Eric

It is not really blowby. Well, not like having a broken piston and literally pumping oil out of the crankcase. I think over time, it is possible for a drop or two of oil to accumulate. This is just a better way to get rid of it.

A couple drops of oil blown down the side of your bike at 60mph just doesn't look that great.

What it is crankcase presure relief and the EPA mandates that it be recycled. If you look at the original factory set-up it is designed to route the oily mist back into the intake, so all my set-up does is make sure it ALL goes in there instead of dripping down on the filter element and then the inside if the air breather cover and out on the bike. One note: it is very important to make sure the copper tubing is absolutely secured so it can't come loose and lodge in the venture. Overflow with factory mainly only occures during substained high speed, but that enough to create a mess.

Back