free website stats program Off Idle stutter or miss | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Off Idle stutter or miss

Hey Glider, how 'bout a new motto: We make wrenching so easy, even girls can do it! LOL Seriously, congrats there BMA, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only new monster born here! These guys are a great help, I'm having fun, but I think that Glider under estimates our dependency on him :s I think you will have fun working on your bike, I know I am. Not ready for the over haul yet, but give me a few more months. :ap:ap:ap:ap For you!

Hey Glider, how 'bout a new motto: We make wrenching so easy, even girls can do it! LOL Seriously, congrats there BMA, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only new monster born here! These guys are a great help, I'm having fun, but I think that Glider under estimates our dependency on him :s I think you will have fun working on your bike, I know I am. Not ready for the over haul yet, but give me a few more months. :ap:ap:ap:ap For you!

I like that one Joy ( We make wrenching so easy, even girls can do it! ) I think that should be the new forum motto.:D

Don' t go getting me all puffed up here now Joy, I may fall out of my chair! :lolrolling

I feel that if I'm gonna ride my own bike I should be able to fix it myself. It's really not that hard. With the great info posted here and a service manual, all it takes is the ability to read, understand and follow directions.
Thanks for all the help and encouragement!

Hello all,

my 03 xlh 883 was doing the same thing more so cold but when i woud stop at a light or a stop sign and blip the throttle it would to me "miss and pop" so in lurking in the forum here i found bad mans angel , experienced the same thing, i had taken it in to the dealer last friday to just check things over, since i had no idea what the previous owner did to it, i told them about that problem, and a fork "clunk" well the suggested an intake leak but would let me know, they said the low jet? was clogged a little so they cleaned it out, and installed a new air filter, my "clunk" is another issue. anyhow it did great on the way home, then yesterday out riding with my boy it started doing it again..i was up till 3am searching thru this forum and the info is awesome, i went out today got me a tool set sat down next to the bike with the puter and tinkered with it, when i went to turn it in and count the turns, it didnt move it was already closed it seemed or stuck..... anyhow by the time i was done i had 3 turns out and it runs like a champ... 2-2 1/2 it still popped, so i went with 3 then backed it off a bit to 2 3/4... thanks for this great site...............ride safe.......

Back