free website stats program Odometer, then Signal cancelling and now Speedometer not working? | Harley Davidson Forums

Odometer, then Signal cancelling and now Speedometer not working?

yetayrick

Ok guys, My Odometer quit a month or so ago, then self cancelling turn signals quit cancelling a few weeks back. Now speedometer quit? So all three things aren't working. First thing you all recommend is replace the speed sensor, which had lots of metal shavings on it, so cleaned it, nothing, then put a new one in, no luck. Next I'm thinking about the Turn signal module, which many said can cause some but maybe not all the issues?? I'm getting ready to purchase one and see... All grounds etc look good. It's a low mileage bike, like 7000mi. Am I heading in the right direction? Hoping it's not the Speedo itself since a working one looks hard to find to replace? Ideas??

Make, model, and year bike?
Did you modify?
New handlebars?
Add accessories?
Was the bike washed?
Did you ride in the rain?
The tssm is a likely contributor to the problem, but, not necessarily the fix.
A wiring diagram would be a great place to start.
We need much more information to help with the problem.

Last edited:
Make, model, and year bike?
Did you modify?
New handlebars?
Add accessories?
Was the bike washed?
Did you ride in the rain?
The tssm is a likely contributor to the problem, but, not necessarily the fix.
A wiring diagram would be a great place to start.
We need much more information to help with the problem.

Thanks!! 1997 Fat Boy. Electronic speedometer. NO modifications whatsoever. It riden in the rain. Original stock bike and all is original. 7500 miles not washed no new parts except the speed sensor. Back of speedo has power to two main wires but there’s a w/gn wire coming out of the inside back of it with no power. Not sure if it’s suppose to. Goes to the signal module. I have one orange wire with power to the Turn signal module but nothing coming out including the w/gn wire. Not sure if it’s suppose to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I attached a link to the wiring diagram, you will need it. I'll check it out as well. I'll get back to ya Boss.

After opening link, click arrow (top right corner) to move table of contents out of the way so you can view diagram

Start by reviewing wiring diagram.
Go back and check your repair on speed sensor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230910-232945.png
    Screenshot_20230910-232945.png
    956.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230910-233015.png
    Screenshot_20230910-233015.png
    249.7 KB · Views: 3
After checking your speed sensor repair, check TSSM using the screenshots provided above.
Make sure pin 1 is not disconnected while testing. It will fry the module!

Back