free website stats program NY, IL, NC and back | Harley Davidson Forums

NY, IL, NC and back

Stops/POIs are to include Rock and roll HOF, friends house in Chicago, Harley Museum in Milwaukee, Tail of the dragon, Blue Ridge Pky, fiends house in NC, back up the coast, Atlantic City, and whatever else we find along the way (any suggestions). Tent camping except when we need to shower (well find a motel).

AJ

Blue Ridge Parkway is a great ride and something you won't forget. Keep in mind that the speed limit is 35 mph on the parkway and you will want to stop at some of the pull offs to get some pictures. I was on it in May and we got to see a black beer just off the road in the treeline. Those pictures are still getting shown and the stories being told.

There is alot to see in D.C. if you can stand the traffic for a day. You will also be close to the York, PA plant, they are open during weekdays for tours.

I don't know where in N.C. your staying, but the outer banks are a great ride also. If you come up from the Jacksonville area you catch two ferry's and see some great landscape on the banks. In spots the land is less than 100 yards wide. You can stop by the lighthouse and the Wright Brothers museum and where they made thier first flight.

Left Fri around 3:30AM, stopped at the rock and roll hall of fame for a bit. All in all got 650 mile Fri and pulled over around 6PM in Toledo OH. were in Chicago now with a friend and just relaxing. Tomorrow we leave for Milwaukee then down south.

Packed up, ready to leave

IMG00170.jpg

Somewhere in NJ

IMG00173.jpg

Rock and Roll HOF

P9180019.jpg

Sure hope the weather down here gets a lot better for you - it's rained every day for about a week and a half here in Atlanta.

Twisted Spoke Bar in Chicago (fun place)

P9190002.jpg

P9190005.jpg

House of Blues

P9190040.jpg

View from my buddies apt
P1140025.jpg

Enjoy all, I'll update as I can.

Just got home, been off the grid for a while. Got 2900 miles total, in a little over a week. Found a ton of rain since Savana IL. My Frog Toggs got me really, really, wet. Wound up buying a new rain suit from Harley in Louisville, was much better even though we saw a lot more rain. Anyway, yall want pics so here ya go.

Harley Museum, in Milwaukee

P9210222.jpg

P9210269.jpg

P9210270.jpg

P9210269.jpg

P9210284.jpg

P9210292.jpg

Lots of bugs in western IL. Bugs and rain and corn.

P9220312.jpg

P9220316.jpg

P9220310.jpg

Then a tiny little break in the rain (it was wonderful, albeit 10 minutes long).

P9220317.jpg

P9220318.jpg

P9220320.jpg

Back