free website stats program Not fixed | Harley Davidson Forums

Eric Wiley

Hi im back w the cylinder not firing issue. I put her out but if you injectors and it only fix the problem for a minute I’ve narrowed it down to where one of the injector plugs is only firing in the very beginning and then it turns off and shuts down anybody got any insight on this one

Some have had issues with the wiring and connection to the injector itself. When it cuts out try wiggling the connector to the injector and see if it starts to fire.

Jeff has a great idea.
Sometimes we find the wire inside the sheathing breaks close to the crimp of the Connector.
When it is misfiring use a pair of needle nose pliers, while holding 1 wire close to the connector wiggle the other wire, push , pull .
Than the same with the other wire.
Sometimes the female, push on connector gets spread and loose enough to cause poor connection.
If it's not at the connector work your way away from the injector, twisting the wire as you go.
You can go to a parts st
ore, NAPA, and Harbor Freight and buy noid light kit to plug into the harness to confirm a signal/ blink.
Next is ohm test harness, injector to ecm.

I have tore it down to the injectors 3 times now and every-time it works longer and longer but eventually the cylinder quits.

when i pull the injectors out and turn the bike over there is one injector that sprays a couple times then quits. My battery doesnt last long just turning bike over so by now I have hooked it up to a charger. I run the injectors again and They both start spraying again I’m thinking that maybe it is a battery issue what do you think?

I doubt it's the battery, if 1 sprays they both should spray. How old is the battery? You can do a load test on a fully charged battery or take it to a auto store and they can test it for you. I'm still leaning towards a bad connection at the injector or a bad/broken wire along the way. JMHO.

Something else to consider, you may just have a bad injector. If you have a spare try changing it out and see if that changes anything. In my opinion it can only be a couple of things that would cause your problem, bad injector or bad wire or connection to the injector.

I doubt it's the battery, if 1 sprays they both should spray. How old is the battery? You can do a load test on a fully charged battery or take it to a auto store and they can test it for you. I'm still leaning towards a bad connection at the injector or a bad/broken wire along the way. JMHO.
Im going to chase wire back to ecu from injector after work.

Did it throw any codes??
It was ill check if any came back after i cleared them. Good idea ty

Something else to consider, you may just have a bad injector. If you have a spare try changing it out and see if that changes anything. In my opinion it can only be a couple of things that would cause your problem, bad injector or bad wire or connection to the injector.
The injectors are new and tested. Both old and new are doing same thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Try putting a jump pack or cables on it, see if it still quits. A near dead battery can cause strange problems.

Back