free website stats program Not charging - Help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Not charging - Help

Big THANKS to all that responded to this. The best info was pulling the fuse for the headlight. I also disconnected the tour pack lights. There was an equipment rental store close by and he let me rent a charger and hook it up behind his shop. Took almost 2 hours to get it to full charge. Headed out on a 3 hour ride with the Volt gauge starting just above 12. Pulled into Saddle Back Harley Davidson in Logan Utah at about 3:00 this afternoon with the volts down to 11. Sure enough, it was the Stator. The old one looked fried and actually smaller than the new one. I'll have to call the HD dealership in Boise ID to get the facts on the stator they put in 3 months ago.

Anyway, can't say enough good about the Saddle Back in Logan. They stayed after closing time (4:00) and finished the job. Not just one guy, a bunch of them. They were by far the friendliest HD dealership I've ever been in. We were back on the road about 5:10 and just pulled into the house. It was an adventure to say the least. I hope I haven't bought a lemon, I'm a bit gun shy now with all the repairs I've had to do. I guess time will tell.

Thanks again for all the help. You guys are great.

Good deal Time2cruise, glad you and your wife got going with good HD dealer service. Like Smitty, Hobbit and others, I try to give many HD dealers a lot of credit as quite a few go out of their way to help, and always remember to promote the good ones as much as possible...the bad ones will fade into oblivion all by themselves...

Very cool, way to adapt and overcome. This is a great forum! You got great advice and tips from a lot of experienced guys.

Also, a great story on the H-D dealer that went "over and beyond" to get you up and running. I think we should start a "Wall of Fame" for dealers like that one in Utah. It'd be nice to be able to refer ti itwhen we need help, and it might be a small modicum of incentive for more dealers to do what this one did.

Glad you made it back home -- it added quite a lot of excitement and it all worked out okay.

Just another Great example of how this forum can be so extremely helpful in a pinch!!

CatWoman :rider

Back