free website stats program noise | Harley Davidson Forums

noise

mr big

2012 tk hard shifting and when i can find nutral noise in primary plull clutch in no noise my old 5 speed dosent do that what gives only 900 miles

Seems like something's not matching up, or binding in there. When it's a 2012 (new = warranty) best to have dealership assess & get it fixed/documented under warranty.

If the noise is coming from the right side of the Tranny, If it rattles with the clutch out and goes away when pulled in when in neutral it is normal. There is a bulletin out on it. The hard shifting might be it need to wear in. Always best to let the Dealer look at it.

HD put out service bulletin M1304 for all 07 and later twin cams which states:

"When a motorcycle is at operating temperature and in neutral, a rattling sound may be heard on the right side coming from the area of the transmission side cover. This sound is normal and is referred to as neutral rattle. To verify the sound is neutral rattle, pull in the clutch lever and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds. If the sound stops, it is neutral rattle. Neutral rattle is caused by the necessary backlash within the first gear pair." You can still have your dealer check this out for FREE under your warranty

IS the clutch cable adjustment at More than an 1/8 of an inch free play?, Taken at the clutch cable ferrule.. New is tight clutch that will wear in as it breaks in.

I kept my cable just off the throw-out balls so I didn't wear them out but TIGHTER on the handle adjustment was needed. 1/16 of an inch worked better...

try this tighter adjustment.(more clutch pull/plate seperation) Adjuster is in front of the down tube frame , 1/2 way down the clutch cable inside the rubber protector. Needed tools. 2 @ 9/16 wrenches and 1 @ 1/2 in.

signed....BUBBIE

Back