free website stats program No Spark | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No Spark

the ckp on my bike is a two wire and the cmp is a three wire, I'm not sure what my buddy has but if it doesnt match with mine I would assume that it' not compatible with my bike is that right?

Unless the part number for your buddy's is the same part number as yours, I would not sub one for the other. May be risky

The 3 wire sensors are very easy to check because they are hall effect switches and the switch output is a digital logic High or logic Low. The rpm of the device that triggers the hall effect is not a factor like it is with 2 wire variable reluctance sensors.

The 3 wires are Ground, +5 power and sensor Output. Place a DC voltmeter across the output wire and frame ground and rotate the device by hand. The logic level should toggle from +5 to 0. If it does the sensor is probably ok.
The reluctance crank sensor is RPM dependent and has a different output.

I like the way MR ELECTRICITY also known as Hoople can easily identify these electrical problems I enjoy reading his posts it gets me thinking:)

I like the way MR ELECTRICITY also known as Hoople can easily identify these electrical problems I enjoy reading his posts it gets me thinking:)

Like I have said many times before:

When filling a tool box needed for your harley, Try a minimal amount of tools But make lots of room for a HOOPLE!

My buddy Hoop gets,,,,, that is GETS respect around here!!!
bubbie

Thank You for the kind words. But we all rely on each other to fill in the voids we all have.

Heck Just Today I learned a bunch about my front forks and changing oil. I had no idea how those beautiful Shiny Legs worked!. Now I'm dangerous!

Bubbie, what's the part number for Hoople and where do I get one :D
I can sure use one right about now.

Bubbie, what's the part number for Hoople and where do I get one :D
I can sure use one right about now.

There is not enough of him to go round youll have to settle for him here at the best forum on the web:)

RoadKing, Have you looked to see if there are any codes.

Don't know how smart the Magnetti Morelli are but a code of 41 or 42 is right up your alley

Back