free website stats program No More Fried Thighs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No More Fried Thighs

Re: No More Fried Thighs Limited Over-stock Sale for Touring Models

How about a picture of it out in the sun light?

Although I ride a Sportster, I promised a picture of this great product, the service, delivery and performance was exceptional. They came in within 4 days and installed in about 20 minutes. :D

RJS_Heatshields_04XL1200_Sportster.jpg

Re: No More Fried Thighs Limited Over-stock Sale for Touring Models

hey zoood, thanks for these shields man, the heat on my heritage was unbearable at stop lights etc. and now I dont notice the heat. the plastic units out there dont cut it. lots of riders checking them out on nearly every ride. Ill add photos later

No More Fried Thighs for softail owners too

hey zoood, thanks for these shields man, the heat on my heritage was unbearable at stop lights etc. and now I dont notice the heat. the plastic units out there dont cut it. lots of riders checking them out on nearly every ride. Ill add photos later

I appreciate you coming back and saying that in here. When I first started making heat deflectors back in 2002. I was just making them for the touring models. A friend stopped by with his 2000 Heritage Softail and mentioned that I should make them as well for the softails. I said the touring models are the ones that have the heat problem and that I didnt think the softails needed them. He got off his scoot and told me to take it for a ride. I went around the block and when I came back. I started making a new design for them as well. Which you have on your scoot now. I couldnt believe the heat you guys get from those. Beings the softail design is taken from the old hardtails. You all sit lower and right there by that rear head.

Heritage Softail 2007

LSfull.jpg

RSfull.jpg

Again, thanks for the compliment, zoood

Re: No More Fried Thighs for softail owners too

Zoood, sorry for the earlier picture...it was taken when it was raining outside LOL! Here it is on a nice SoCal day yesterday...Cinco d' Mayo was obviously a "blur" to me!!!:s

df532d23.jpg

Re: No More Fried Thighs for softail owners too

That's better, now if you can get a picture of the other side. I'll have something more to add to my web site. Also the year of yours would be appreciated as well.

zoood

Zoood, sorry for the earlier picture...it was taken when it was raining outside LOL! Here it is on a nice SoCal day yesterday...Cinco d' Mayo was obviously a "blur" to me!!!:s

df532d23.jpg

I have been looking at this for my Heritage and have a question. Will this deflector cause the engine to heat up more than usual? How does this materials used to make it not cause the engine to overheat?

Thanks
Angie

I have been looking at this for my Heritage and have a question. Will this deflector cause the engine to heat up more than usual? How does this materials used to make it not cause the engine to overheat?

Thanks
Angie
I just added them to my Ultra Classic, no they don't cause anymore heat to be generated.

Unlike other types out there. Ours aren't made of plastic or leather. We use aluminum to retain the designs shape and have bonded a Vinyl covering to it that is the same Vinyl and seat grain that covers a stock Harley Seat. Our design not only dispels the heat down towards the ground when riding. It also protects you when doing a parade roll ( 5 to 15 mph). It also increases the air circulation on the rear cylinder, which is a plus. Our deflectors, though they look to fit like a glove and blend in with the motorcycles design. Has allotted spaces for the heat to escape, preventing the heat from getting compounded under the seat or adding to the engine heat that's already present. Other styles haven't ever made this claim. They are only a partition between you and the heat, like a horse blanket. They were made only for the rider in mind, NOT the engine or the passenger. They haven't ever addressed anything about the heat their product can be causing to a motorcycle engine. Our product won't stop all the heat you feel when sitting in traffic. No product that tries to address this heat problem has ever made that claim. Ours is designed to stop the SEARING HEAT that causes 2nd degree burns when your sitting at a traffic light or doing the duck walk in slow traffic. We are the first to come out with this idea, we hold the US Patent and been manufacturing this 100% American made product since August 2002.

RJ

Thanks
Angie

Back