free website stats program No baffle issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No baffle issue

Jeff, I have V&H short shots staggered on my bob. At the time I put them on, I also installed the high five intake. I had the bike on the dyno and re-mapped. Last year, I bought a couple of the quiet baffles and installed them. I had no idea how it would be until I rode it. Amazing. You could feel the low rpm/end torque increase and the sound turned very mellow, but by no means quiet. I should say it is almost stock quiet at idle, but get those rpms up and it barks really loud. I did not remap for the quiet baffles and I am so glad I installed them. I can putt through town at low rpms and it is a great sound. Stick it to it and you would think it was straight pipes. I have no answer why V&H wouldn't just install those baffles from the git go. On them, they are really torquey.
My suggestion is try with a seat of the pants test and if it feels like your engine fell on its face, get it mapped again.

312600419.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 07 low rider with rush slip ons w/ 1 3/4 baffles and a stage 1 air cleaner. I change my mind alot about how much noise I want to make. So I installed the dobeck tfi so I can adjust my fuel mix to match what I run.

they look more like big shot staggered as they aren't short enough for short shots
PA231173.jpg

Hmmm. I don't know what to call them then. They do look longer in the piccie I posted, but it might be because I turned the tips to the outside instead of down. At the store I bought them at, they were considerably shorter than the longer ones that you see on a lot of baggers. They had them on display. I was under the impression they were short shot staggards. They definately are not the drag pipes, don't curve on the bottom and stop about foot shy of getting to my rear axle.
But, I just went into the garage and found that I run around with the wrong name for them. I kept the info that came with them. They are straight shot staggerds. I stand corrected.
Anyway, I was just saying that I like the sound of the quiet baffles in them and I don't feel any need to go to the expense of a remap. :)

I apologize again. Here I am talking about V&H and the question was about Rush. Then trying to figure out how to post a picture (I am new), I find I blew it again. I went out and read the instruction manual and then wrote the wrong pipes down again. I re-read my last post and got it written down wrong. It is Big Shot Staggered that I have. Sorry.
I better cool it or you folks are gonna think I am more weird than I probably am. :)

I have the V&H Straight shots on my bike. I cut the baffles in half and put them in today. (I have never riden it with the baffles in since I have had them.) Bike still has the GREAT sound and now it DOES NOT pop when I let off of the throttle and it has MORE torque. GLAD I did this. THANKS GUYS!

I also put my baffles back in this morning (after cutting in half) It did feel like it made some difference in the low rpm torque. I tell ya its alot quieter now. To be honest, my bike felt like it had the most git up/torque when I bought it, thats with straight up stock mufflers, no mods at all. I dont know why cuz rush claims 5 hp with slip-ons, add couple more for stage 1 and remap. After buying bike, I only rode couple weeks before I changed mufflers, etc. Who knows? maybe it has something to do with that brand new bike feeling with ya first Harley. Theres nothin better. I know Im ready to ride, supposed to be sunny and 69 deg. tomorrow:small3d026:

I have the V&H Straight shots on my bike. I cut the baffles in half and put them in today. (I have never riden it with the baffles in since I have had them.) Bike still has the GREAT sound and now it DOES NOT pop when I let off of the throttle and it has MORE torque. GLAD I did this. THANKS GUYS!

Good for you DG...you can get the best of both worlds, good sound and bit more torque just by having a little bit of back pressure AND have happy neighbors :small3d026:

I stopped by a McDonalds before heading to work. A guy I know was there with his '08 WG. He just installed Big City Thunder baffles in his V&Hs. Sounded great as he took off. He said it cost a $100 for them though. I might see who else in my area is running them. Sounded real deep, but he has a 96 engine and I don't.
Anyone have any experience with the sound of Big Citys?

Talked to a guy couple weeks ago who had those big city thunder baffles, they do sound great. He was on a 07 softail custom and it sounded deep and rumbled great, especially when he left out of parking lot. He said he paid $80 for his. I may check into gettin a set for my streetbob. Hey smitty901, when you say TFI, is that brand name? I know I hear that alot on here. Like you say, I need something easy to tune and reasonably priced. How much does the TFI cost and where to buy?

Also, I want to manage myself, dont have money for dyno time.

Back