free website stats program night rod | Harley Davidson Forums

night rod

here gos a thought .... riding a fat boy but looking at the night rod special. that is one cool bike will i change? i dont know is it to radical?is harley trying to get us old boys to move on? it is one hell of a machine. my thoughts are that they will use the 1100cc in future builds the next generation is here . am i to old to move on? have i asked to many questions? proberbly. 10 out of ten to the marketing dept they have sowed the seed in my mind. will i take the plunge? watch this space. ride safe all:D:D:D:D:D

here gos a thought .... riding a fat boy but looking at the night rod special. that is one cool bike will i change? i dont know is it to radical?is harley trying to get us old boys to move on? it is one hell of a machine. my thoughts are that they will use the 1100cc in future builds the next generation is here . am i to old to move on? have i asked to many questions? proberbly. 10 out of ten to the marketing dept they have sowed the seed in my mind. will i take the plunge? watch this space. ride safe all:D:D:D:D:D
Well...if you can still move, I'd say your not to old and, go for it. I've been there and done that. Let's face it, water cooled is not just the future, it's already been around a long time. We need to get there sooner than later.(did you hear me Harley?)
This of course is just my opinion.:60:

Last edited:
I'd say keep the Fatboy and spend the spare cash on goodies for it. :rider

I'd say keep the Fatboy and spend the spare cash on goodies for it. :rider
How could you say no to this....:shock

vrscdx300.jpg

I rode 1, that's how :60:, quickish in a straight line, but handle worse then most RKs.
Your right, come to think of it. I road one, not the one in the picture, and I'm not sure what they called the one I road but, I couldn't get around a curve with out scraping everything.:)

Test rode one at a local demo day a couple weeks ago. It was more comfortable than I expected, but I wasn't overly pleased with it as a ride. There are quite a few other HD models I'd choose over this one. Keep in mind though...I ride a Road King right now, so maybe I'm just used to my King.

Plus, I put more of a premium on comfort than performance. Heck anything over 900cc's is fast enough for me mostly, so I may not be the best judge of the V-rod.

Back