free website stats program Night Rod a little faster | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Night Rod a little faster

20 horsepower on a VRod is going to cost you.You said it was dyno tested.Did they write you a custom map?or just do a few pulls and give you a chart?

Me and my friends had the bikes dyno tested, the had thiers done first and then when i got mine, i went and did it there. As you can see the three of us have done the same thing on the bikes, the 3 of them are night rods, its just as i said earlier i want to make it a little more faster, at least 10hp.... it would be my secret

They make a great turbo charger for about $5g's, install is only about $600., this teamed with replacing your belt with modified sprocket and chain sizes with take care of your issues.

Well im looking for 10 to 20 horsepower....
I keep thinking about the message you posted earlier regarding the pulley, would it also have a high top end, you wrote that a smaller pulley would give a stronger acceleration.... that sounds interesting , you think the top end would be the same..... ?

Do your friends get you at or near the high RPM range, could be your bumping up against the stock rev limiter which is "shutting down the party". Did you do the complete Stage I w/ some type of adjustable fueler like Techlusion TFI or similar? Just curious...:s

My friend I dont know what other Vrods models you were riding with , but your NRS has the 240 tire setup , if they are on A or b model with the stock 180 rear tire ,this is the reason why they are a tad faster ,you are losing almost 10 hp with the 240 setup it is a widly known fact in the vrod world. you can as described by others here get more speed by lightening the load first get rid of the 15 lbs of the 3d volume and buy a cfr or rinehart 2-1 exhaust secondly get some buell xb rims knocks another 20 lbs or better yer carbon fiber wheels could be had for your NRS, , Every pound counts ,or you can always go big bore or turbo. or NOS all of these will bring you in the 150 to 160 HP range safely.......good luck and happy riden

Back