free website stats program Next stop Lake George, Americade | Harley Davidson Forums

Next stop Lake George, Americade

Wayne R

Leaving for Lake George NY on monday my wife and two other riders, Looking forward to getting away they have some beautiful mountain roads to ride on, my wife and I want to demo one of the Yamaha spiders, and the wife also wants to demo a trike, Hope shes not hinting around here about a trike!! Anyway should be a good time wonder if anyone else is heading to Americade this coming week looks like the weather may cooperate this year.:guitar

You won't believe: I've been in Lake George 6/7 years ago! :)
I think I'm one of the very few Italians been there for leisure!
Nice place: I took the trip with the steamboat "Minne-Ha-Ha" (what a name! :52:)

We rented a car from NY to Albany then Lake George: didn't test the roads with a Harley! :(

Enjoy your trip and say hello to the lake for me!

Ciao
Ugo

We live very near LG and go there for dinner and such often! Great resort town but the police are VERY rigid!!!! NOTHING goes unchecked, speed, noise, DOT helmets, you name it.
Overall it's a great show, but just remember their rules and you'll enjoy. Take some day trips. I am from South Jersey (some 50 years now) and the scenery here is STILL breath-taking. Try a ride around the Great Sacandaga Lake. Scenic, relaxed, twisty roads... VERY nice run.... I can even recommend some bars and eateries if you'd like?

You won't believe: I've been in Lake George 6/7 years ago! :)
I think I'm one of the very few Italians been there for leisure!
Nice place: I took the trip with the steamboat "Minne-Ha-Ha" (what a name! :52:)

We rented a car from NY to Albany then Lake George: didn't test the roads with a Harley! :(

Enjoy your trip and say hello to the lake for me!

Ciao
Ugo

We plan on doing the dinner cruise on the steamboat, Ill be sure to tell the lake hello!!

Sounds like a fun trip & great day. Enjoy the trip & post us some pics b/c us midwesterners are stuck inside for now (thunderstorms) - need some visual pick-me-up. Cheers!

We just got back from Americade. It was my first time there, and it was great. the best part was just being part of the scene. So many bikes, so many people. It was all pleasant. No drunken brawls. Nothing but nice, friendly people with an interest in motorcycles. Great vendors. Terrific time!

Back