free website stats program Newcomer to Harleys (but not bikes) saying hi. | Harley Davidson Forums

Newcomer to Harleys (but not bikes) saying hi.

Hello one and all.

I'm Mike and I have just found this forum. I'm an old git (64) from the UK and I have been riding since I could at 17. My first bike was a 1975 Yamaha RD250B, the first disc brake model. Since then I've owned many different machines, but most have been jap. Of course I've had a couple of Triumps and once I had a Triton.

Then came a son and I didn't NEED a bike, so in 2007 I sold my GSXR1000 and thought that would be it. No.

Last week I bought a Harley from an importer. It still has it's New York sticker on the fork leg and is not registered in the UK yet. I expected it to be a project but it's worse than I expected. So that means I'll be asking many questions here on the forums. The previous owner has made many changes to standard that I didn't know about from the photos. (I bought it unseen from 200miles away from me. Foolish, I know.)

I'm not shy of using spanners, but I've had to buy some A/F ones for this old girl. I'm slowly finding my way around and where everything is.

So, thats me. Hello. See you in the tech sections I guess. :)

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ.
Congrats on your new to you Harley. If you have questions just ask away, great people here with years of knowledge.

Welcome to the forum from Scotland
looks like an early evo sportster somewhere between 87 and 92 going to need some shed time and a few pennies

Brian

Thanks for your responses from all over the world. I need to ask in one of the other (suspension) forums but I don't have the priveledges. Can anyone point me to the page that explains how I get priveledges please?

Back