free website stats program Newcomb's Ranch for breakfast | Harley Davidson Forums

Newcomb's Ranch for breakfast

larryjmiller

Man, it's hot out here! A little windy though. Price we have to pay for warm weather in the winter is wind. Made a run up the Angeles Crest Hwy (Hwy 2) to Newcomb's ranch for breakfast. Was about 68 F when we left Moorpark, a chilly 40 F something up at 5200 ft. Nice and warm 76 F when we got home. Now I gotta watch the Eagles hammer the Cowboys! Go Gocong!

Did Angeles Crest hwy get closed a short while back do to a storm? I remember it had recently re-opened last may - june area. We were going to ride through there last summer but had to do a re-route do to time spent along the coast. Hope to make that ride in the future. Mid to upper 30's here today, icy in the shadows, and de-icer still on the roads, need to wait for more rain and warmer temps to get out for a ride, hope you had a good time.

Yeah, well it was about 10 degrees here today! -10 with the wind chill! So I got to get in my car and drive to a restaurant this morning, get out in freezing cold and walk in and then have to wait to have a breakfast that was decent! Must be nice to be out riding while we all sit in the house cause it is to cold to be outside! But hey, at least someone is getting to enjoy their bike. :s

Very little evidence that there was very few problems here in SoCal other than routine rock slides, storm runoff damage that have long since been repaired, albiet with tar "road snakes", and with budget crisis, road repairs have been spotty at best. But the weather here was actually a bit warm in the mid 60's, low 70's...riding mighty fine...nice way to start off the new year!

It's open again and paved. Really nice ride up the back from Palmdale up through Wrightwood and down to La Crescenta and La Canada but sections are closed again seasonally due to snow at the upper elevations. They had 14" of snow at Newcombs a couple weeks ago but it warmed up and rained for a couple of days. Only a little shoulder snow left.

10 F, I feel your pain. I grew up in Chicago and came west in 1970 in the Navy. And NO, I ain't going back except to visit!

If you believe Al Gore (the attorney), you will be nice and warm soon!

What's the difference between Al Gore and Chicken Little?

...Chicken Little was right! hahahahhahahahahaha

Back