Newbie to the site...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by barefootsoldier, May 5, 2019.

1. barefootsoldier

barefootsoldier New Member

Hello brothers (and sisters), I'm Clint and I found this site yesterday while trying to brainstorm why my check valve on my Nightster is now leaking . There was wayyyy more posts on the subject than I thought there would be. It's incredible. Anyway, I'm going to Harbor Freight in the morning to buy a case of Viton O-rings and a set of picks. I'm praying that I can fix the leak myself. Giving my hard-earned money to the dealership is the absolute last thing I want to do. I'll keep you all posted and am glad that I'm not alone when it comes to this problem.

2. barefootsoldier

barefootsoldier New Member

I forgot to add my ride...it's a '09 Nightster 1200XL with Arlen Ness fenders, Stage 1 kit, Springer seat, Willie G pegs, grips and Derby cover, mini Apes, Screaming Eagle intake and V&H Side Shot exhaust. Yesterday I relocated the coil and ignition to the left side of the bike, along with new HD plugs. I bought a Daymaker replica headlight for about 80% less than what HD wants. I installed a new plate bracket and will be adding a replica 1920's (?) plate light/brake light. I enjoy my bike and all the "rubber necking" that goes a long with it. Harley 1.jpg 20180418_160931.jpg Harley 2.jpg

3. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!

barefootsoldier likes this.
  4. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

5. Harttoo

Harttoo Well-Known Member

Welcome from Wisconsin.

6. joel

joel Senior Member

Welcome from Spokane Wa

7. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome to the forum from Scotland

Brian

8. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Experienced Member Contributor

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Nice looking scoot.

9. liquid_wrench

liquid_wrench Junior Member Contributor

Welcome from Ohio

10. flusher

flusher Active Member

Welcome