free website stats program Newbie question: How to Wave...? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbie question: How to Wave...?

What is the proper way to wave to other riders?

I've seen "Biker Wave" mentioned in other threads and am wondering if I'm doing it right.

When I wave, I drop my hand down, arm at about 45 degrees pointing both index and middle fingers. Hope that's not an offending gesture!

Just put your left hand down with the palm facing forward and it will get you by as a safe Harley wave.... when you get your confidence up just extend your first two fingers!
:breakdance

First... go slooooooooow. Not too fast, or THEY will know you are a new rider!

Next, not a "stop/slow" or "left turn" arm signal.... but somewhere in between!

Palm forward, extend 1st two fingers.... or if you dropped your arm too fast, then roll the last 2 fingers (same effect).

Sometimes I pull in my thumb, sometimes I leave it out... I get return waves either way!

BTW, I usually wave FIRST (cuz I am paying more attention to my surroundings).... most all return the wave (even cops)!

Lastly, WHATEVER you do.... don't wave like a 4 year old girl in a parade!!!! Unless you are in a parade, and a 4 year girl waves at you FIRST!!!!

Could you explain the different ways of tucking in your thumb here?:D

Is it bent or straight?

Don't know if that was serious, or not... :D

The difference is like "making a Peace sign (or V for Victory)" = thumb in. :57:

OR

"making a double barrelled pistol", then spreading the 2 fingers = thumb out. Kinda like this :yahoo MINUS the pinkie sticking out!!!

BUT NOT like a 4-year old girl waving in a parade. :banana-bye

if necessary, I can post pics...lol!

PS:
:42: Take a moment today, to remember 9/11 victims (9/11/2001 to 9/11/2008) :42:

Don't know if that was serious, or not... :D

if necessary, I can post pics...lol!

PS:
:42: Take a moment today, to remember 9/11 victims (9/11/2001 to 9/11/2008) :42:

Not serious at all :D. Just joking around. I've seen these posts on when and how to wave go on and on. Just something wrong with it IMO, can't understand why it's so important when and how to wave to another rider. Maybe nod your head.....Oh boy, Maybe I shouldn't have said that :D

Always remember 911:USA:USA:USA

Back