free website stats program Newbie needing riding input | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbie needing riding input

Push steering is a simple concept. You are coming into a left cure and to assist your slight lean you push gently on the left bar. You are naturally leaning on the bar already. Pulling on the right bar on a left turn seems awkward to me but if it works for people keep doing it.

Develop your push steering skills and you can really bend your bike around corners!
It could save your life if you come up on a blind corner and it "cathes you unaware

I read this post with great interest, especially the "push steering" which was a new concept to me, I never heard of it before and when I took riding lessons I was taught to lean into corners.

But a few days ago I collected a very un-Harley vehicle, my mountainbike after a rebuilt and thought I'd try out what I read. And would you know, it also works at mountainbike speeds, which are well below 35 Mph.

Riding along at a reasonable speed, say 15 - 18 Mph when you push the left handlebar away from you, expecting the bike to take right turn, it "falls" to the left.

So riders fearful of trying this move on their Harley, might use a mountain or similar bike like me, it really works.

Back