free website stats program Newbie from WI with a Noise Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbie from WI with a Noise Issue

sammer4u

I am new to this forum, but not to biking. I have been lurking as a guest till this morning when I thought I had better regirster to see if i can get some help with my specific problem. Gotten much info and tips as a guest!

I finally got my first HOG April 2010. It is a 2001 Heritage FI, and now has 23,315 miles on it. Looking for help with a noise from the front. Sounds like a squeal, and eliminated brake pads, rotor, and front wheel bearing. It makes the noise when not moving and the motor running. Not sure about cam chain tensioner, or how to check them. Any suggestions would be great!

Other than that the bike has been flawless and FUN! Got it with 18,000 miles on it. Such a great upgrade from the previous metric bike I had. Just getting use to all the "noise" from these bikes is tricky. Especially the front brake squeak. Shop says it is normal, but it seems to go away when I apply light presseure to the brake.

Any advice on the squealing noise is greatly appreciated!

Back