free website stats program newbi here very frusterated rear brake light wont work | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

newbi here very frusterated rear brake light wont work

When I push the directional switch on the right side it sends a positive pulse to the lights but will not trigger the flasher. I'm thinking that might be an improper load issue? On the left side the switch will send a negative pulse out and trigger the flasher. So the left side triggers the flasher but will not light the l
ights

I'm THINK you must keep your finger on the signal button to activate the flasher. My '87 Sportster was like that. :( Try holding it in and see. I believe 1991 was the first year of stay on/self canceling signals. Badlands used to sell kits to make the signals stay on for X amount of seconds.

i forgot to mention these lights im installing at leds but for some reason the right turn switch sends out a positive charge and the left sends a negative charge. is this normal? im thinking somthing in the right turn switch is causing this problem. they should both send out the same signal correct?

===========================================================

does anyone also know what the resistence is in the turn signal wiring or the resistence in ohms of the stock bulb?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back