free website stats program New to Shovelheads | Harley Davidson Forums

New to Shovelheads

Yes you can. Just expect leaks. The oil level should be just to the bottom of the clutch pack.

Yes you can. Just expect leaks. The oil level should be just to the bottom of the clutch pack.

should I start a new thread?

interested in a 71 shovel head sportster
Don’t run needs full service in decent shape.
would be my first HD I’m wrench worth.

They want $1900 for it and I would like to get in low and add parts later to it for a toy for ole Dad here.

many thoughts on the topic?

thanks

should I start a new thread?

interested in a 71 shovel head sportster
Don’t run needs full service in decent shape.
would be my first HD I’m wrench worth.

They want $1900 for it and I would like to get in low and add parts later to it for a toy for ole Dad here.

many thoughts on the topic?

thanks

See if you get any hits, if not you can start a new thread under the general section on the home page. Good luck.

I owned a 1976 FXE and converted the primary to a sealed one. I did run forward controls so I plugged the hole for the shifter shaft long before I converted the primary. I never had a leak from the primary. As was said fill the primary so the oil just enters the clutch hub. I did clean the clutch plates once or so during the riding season ... whenever the clutch started to drag a bit. I also ran the long style clutch hub bearings, a RamJet clutch hub retainer and a Hayden M6 primary chain tersenor. I was pleased how well the primary functioned.

One For the Road

Back