free website stats program New to H-D | Harley Davidson Forums

New to H-D

usafhg7

Hey all,

I am a new H-D owner. I bought a 2007 XL1200C and i love it. i have the rear rocker box (typical) oil leak and i need to know all about the fluid changes complete with service intervals and types of lubrication. i will be very thankful for your input :)

You may want to look through the self help forums for videos on the different services too.

Use the link at the bottom of this post.

thanks for the help guys. being a former sport bike rider, i didnt have to worry about as many things with maintenance. i have walked away from the dark side ha!

Well your not the only one...left sportbike riding after almost 30 years to take on an H-D Sportster...darkseid ain't a bad place to be, though I have completed going thru the chrome phase...LOL! :D

I also had Sport bikes a few years ago. The part I like about riding a HD is chasing down the sport bikes in the curves and see the look on there face :swoon I guess most sport riders can not believe HD's can corner...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to the Harley World as well. Ive owned several hondas since mid 80s and love my '97 Sportster 883. Wish I had gone bigger but it was a ice breaker for the wife. She loves it too. Yes!!!

Im in the middle of changing the main drive gear bearing and am looking for some advice on removing the Primary Drive/Clutch assy. Any help would be welcome.

I am new to the Harley World as well. Ive owned several hondas since mid 80s and love my '97 Sportster 883. Wish I had gone bigger but it was a ice breaker for the wife. She loves it too. Yes!!!

Im in the middle of changing the main drive gear bearing and am looking for some advice on removing the Primary Drive/Clutch assy. Any help would be welcome.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of info. in the self help section that should be of some help.

Transmission,Clutch and Primary (Drive Train) | Archive | HDTimeline.Com

Back