free website stats program New Tire Installed by HD - now wicked vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tire Installed by HD - now wicked vibration

UPDATE - Just got off the phone after a week of dancing with the dealer, they are stating that there is no possible way they did anything wrong, and they will not accept any responsibility for my bent rim. Asked about the good will program, no way on something like that....we didnt do anything wrong - period.

Just heading out on holidays in the morning, tired of dealing with this [EDIT], maybe look for a replacement while on the west coast, heading to California, should be able to find a used spoke wheel if i check around - any suggestions on where to look in the USA west coast, leaving Alberta, heading to Seattle, taking the 101 ( nope, not on the bike this time!) for a scenic vacation.

Will start writing letters to HD when i get back.

Thanks for any input or suggestions,

Mike

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
On vacation, now in northern California, came down the 101...what an amazing drive so far. Found a set of laced wheels online by a private seller, they are off an 04 touring with a 1 " axle.....great deal, 150 for the pair. Seller says the spokes are upgraded to chrome and not the cadium factory ones. Says they are true and straight....hope so!

Just wanted to make sure they will fit my 03 Ultra, axle size should be the same from an 03 to an 04....correct? Would appreciate any feedback and tips when looking at these. Any tips on checking for trueness when meeting this fella...anything i should pay close attention to? Any immediate feedback would be great....thanks!

Mike

Sorry to hear about your problem. Spoke rims are cool but I had trouble with mine, hit a pothole. Put some thunder stars on, end of problem.

Just cant, love the look of spokes!, besides now that i bought a shock pump, i adjust the pressure when my wife rides with me. Not that it was the cause of the original problem, but will be more aware.

I cant pass up this deal while im down here, 150 for a set of spoked rims is worth the risk, hopefully this set works out. If it doesnt, your right, time to change the style of wheel.

Mike

Just a final update.

Got home from vacation, decided to save some money and take off the rims myself...not to bad, thankfully i had the FSM to guide me along the way. Took them to a buddy at a victory shop, and he had his guy switch my tires over to the new rims. Of course, since i had part of the exhaust off, figured it was a good time to replace the cracked head pipe i had, and bought a set of rinehart true duals....way awesome!...put the new rims on.....everything is gravy once again! Only tool i bought was a belt tensioner while i was in the USA to make sure i got the tension right.
All is good once again.
Still never heard back from my local HD contact....go figure.

thanks for the iput, appreciate the responses!

Mike

Back