free website stats program new tire blues | Harley Davidson Forums

new tire blues

W

wildspirit97

oh boy, I need a new tire!!!!
I'm not really a big fan a Dunlop, I know a lot of people run em' but I really would rather have a meztler or an avon.
So far as far as I can tell dunlop is the only manufacturer of the stock size tire for the 07 fxst. 200/55r17. does anyone know if I could put maybe a 190/50r17 or a 210/60r17 on that rim with out a problem?

I believe you can go with Metzler 210/50ZR 17 or Dunlop 210x50x17".But it gives a shorter look.

Last edited:
oh boy, I need a new tire!!!!
I'm not really a big fan a Dunlop, I know a lot of people run em' but I really would rather have a meztler or an avon.
So far as far as I can tell dunlop is the only manufacturer of the stock size tire for the 07 fxst. 200/55r17. does anyone know if I could put maybe a 190/50r17 or a 210/60r17 on that rim with out a problem?
METZLER
ME880 210/50ZR/17 is what you want on the rear and a ME880 ME90/90/21 on the front.
Dunlops suck and Avons wear to fast for a daily rider, great on a fast weekend bike though!!

thanks pc I'll look up that metzler.
any input on the handling of the different size tire?

thanks pc I'll look up that metzler.
any input on the handling of the different size tire?
Yea, you'll think someone stole your bike and replaced it with one that actually handles and turns without you having to stop first.
Really it's night and day difference, Once you see the Metzler light you'll avoid the dark at all cost.

Yes! I go along with the Metzler. great Touring Tyre. (Australian spelling here) I was able to clock up some 17.000km here in Ozz. Our weather conditions are often quiet hot here in the summer. So" Roads get hot and the Tyre held up very well.
Cheers from Down Under. :)

Back