free website stats program new tfi and se air cleaner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new tfi and se air cleaner

First chance today to put a couple hundred miles on my bob since the air filter and dobeck TFI upgrade. Man, its like a different bike! On the interstate it ran smooth as a sewing machine and passing while still in 6th was a breeze. It wasn't very hot today but I still could feel the lower temps the bike is running now. Dobeck fan for life. Will put one on every bike I ever own from now on.

Is there a way to know you are running richer than stock other than reading the plugs?

Do you notice that the bike runs cooler when it is not EPA leaned out? I see Jimmy did.

Looking forward to doing the mod.

Is there a way to know you are running richer than stock other than reading the plugs?

Do you notice that the bike runs cooler when it is not EPA leaned out? I see Jimmy did.

I don't know the scientific way, but I can smell the difference. You can smell a richer gasoline smell in the exhaust. The fact that it runs cooler also means its running richer than stock.

Reading plugs is a lost art with modern fuels it can be done to a degree if you know how and what too look for, All bikes will run cooler with more fuel, the trick is fine tuning for the correct amount of fuel so as not to compromise your fuel economy too much and maintain a good fuel mixture this is where Dobeck can answer ALL your Questions EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

Back