free website stats program new switch covers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new switch covers

i also have the chrome covers and did install them and also had trouble with the right grip brake switch. when you are all done pay special attention to the rocker switches for the radio and the cruise control if you have them. these switches have brass posts that are durable themselves but the plastic buttons on them are not.my cruise control button fell off and i found it back at the hd dealer parking lot after i had left and driven 10 miles down the road.i remember seeing something laying on the blacktop but it didn't occur to be till i left town and tried to set the cruise control what it was.these little thumb buttons get loose in time and my cure was to mix up some jb weld and reinstall not only the one that fell off but the right and left grip radio control buttons that were also coming loose.i went back and tried to find the cruise button because i allready knew what a bear it was to do the switch housings say nothing about soldering a new cruise switch in.my bike is a 2005 electraglide classic with 28,000 miles. hope this helps
Yeah I was going to use j.b. weld on my switches but was worried about getting them off again if I had too. Used a bit of silicone instead, maybe It,ll work. If not new switch buttons are pretty cheap.

Back