free website stats program New Street Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Street Glide

I don't have a 2014 Street Glide at this time. I am looking into purchasing one this coming spring 2014. A friend bought the 2014 SG in Sept. and it was recalled for a clutch issue. They replaced the master cylinder piston and checked the clutch plates for any damage which in his case there wasn't any. They actually picked the bike up at his home since they didn't want the bike to be ridden.

After reading about these changes in the steering head and other issues, I am wondering if I should just keep my '08 Heritage. It is so easy to maintain.

I hear that there is no grease fitting for the neck bearings!! Not good.:(

Like I said in previous posting; Harley changed things in the steering head. Now there are no grease fittings so we can do our own simple service. What next. Again, I question whether or not I really want to buy a new Street Glide and give up on my '08 Heritage. Decisions, decisions. :6:

Like I said in previous posting; Harley changed things in the steering head. Now there are no grease fittings so we can do our own simple service. What next. Again, I question whether or not I really want to buy a new Street Glide and give up on my '08 Heritage. Decisions, decisions. :6:

Rest assured that the issues with 2008 to 2013 have been corrected with the new and improved 2014 model, but new issues have surfaced. Doubtfully there will be any running model changes or updated unless there is a recall. So it probably will be corrected with the next variation of models in the 5 year cycle........

I just picked up my street glide special a few weeks ago. Only 130 miles on her because of a poor fall and early snow that sent the salt trucks out. I must be lucky because mine for 130 cold miles has been great ! Did buy the extended wty. that new gps, radio, also stores the brain of the bike, I was told? Don't want to pay for that break down. Sure is a big change from my 2006 road king.

Glad I got the last 2013 :s I remember a phrase I've heard over and over in the auto business "First year is the worst year"

Glad I got the last 2013 :s I remember a phrase I've heard over and over in the auto business "First year is the worst year"

Oh yeah, I can agree with that phrase through personal experience with a brand new re-modeled, restyled automobile in 2010. From the moment I took it out of the showroom, it had steering issues. I complained, they tried to fit it and after 2.5 months of grief, the auto manufacturer actually bought the car back from me with no financial loss to me at all.

Motto: never again will I buy a first year new model anything.

I should just wait for the 2015 Street Glide.

I just bought one last week and Im getting the exact same symptoms. The dealer says this is the way the new touring bikes are because the way the motor is mounted to the frame. They say its supposed to get better as the motor gets broken in, Lets see!

If you haven't noticed, I pulled the trigger and bought the 2014 Street Glide and had it delivered to my home on New Years Eve day even though I posted above that I might not buy this bike based on some of the other questionable issues from other posters. I don't know what got over me but I decided it was the time to buy and now it sits in the cold garage, waiting for warmer temps to arrive here in lower New York State so I can ride it. But it sure looks purdy just sitting there! Ugh!

Back