free website stats program new seat & rider backrest looks bad | Harley Davidson Forums

new seat & rider backrest looks bad

ironmark

I put a leather low profile bucket seat on my RG part #52095-08 & the adjustable riders back rest just looks out of place . About 3 or 4 inches of the metal bar shows & the backrest looks & sits high . I looked on the HD web site but they dont offer a lower backrest & if they did you would have to get the complete set up . What I need is a backrest with a shorter metal bar so the backrest will sit closer to the seat . Is the any after market suppliers that offer a solution or do I have to have 1 made ??

Cut off the extra 3-4 inches and drill new holes. I needed to extend mine, the pad was cutting in to my wife's legs. I drilled two holes under the stock ones to give me an extra half inch in height. Just be sure to measure twice, cut once. It's gonna be hard to stretch that bar if you get it too short. :s

I dont want to modify the backrest that I have because it works well on my real seat even though this seat is very comfortable . I am refering to the rider backrest not the passanger backrest . At the lowest setting the bottom of the riders ( drivers ) backrest is about 2-1/2 inches above the top of the seat . Anyways I took the bike with the backrest down to the leather shop & the leather man made me a snap on cover that fits over the metal bar , it realy help with the looks by hiding the metal bar & make the seat & backrest blend in . IMO it was the best $10 investment that I made in a long time :)

I dont want to modify the backrest that I have because it works well on my real seat even though this seat is very comfortable . I am refering to the rider backrest not the passanger backrest . At the lowest setting the bottom of the riders ( drivers ) backrest is about 2-1/2 inches above the top of the seat . Anyways I took the bike with the backrest down to the leather shop & the leather man made me a snap on cover that fits over the metal bar , it realy help with the looks by hiding the metal bar & make the seat & backrest blend in . IMO it was the best $10 investment that I made in a long time :)

Now that's thinking outside the box! I'll bet lots of folks take your idea and stick it on their bikes now.

My HD Adjustable backrest was 2" above the seat at it's lowest setting. I took it to a local shop and had 2" removed from the metal support bar. Now it sits flush at it's lowest height setting, giving me the support where I need it most:D

Back