free website stats program new running lights | Harley Davidson Forums

new running lights

gator508

Experienced Member
Have been on a bit of a haitus from the forum, out of town, family obligations, etc. Started working on installing daytime running lights some time ago and have just finished. Had a lot of helpful suggestions from Hoople, Iceman, Glider..thanks guys. Attached is the finished product.

BTW, the hot lead I used was the accessory plug by the main fuse panel under the seat, took the hot lead out of the plug, some solder and shrink wrap, it was done.

Attachments

• running lights.JPG
    running lights.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 59
"WOW" I like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,, those little buggers are bright, how many watts are they??? Ive added some lights on our bike too, anything to be seen.

Very Good Gator, A job well done. Anything to make you more visible and add to the looks of the bike is a big plus. :D

Nice job, can not stress the importance of being seen, and they look pretty bright:s

Good job Gator. Are the lights the bright LED's (6 or 8 of 'em) type or Halogen incandescent? I have the latter and they are bright and easy to install...replacement element is only about $14. Going strong for 3 years. :D

HDCarbonFiberHelmet.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys..I do feel that I can be seen better, you know you get that feeling that cage is going to pull out in front of you, I have noticed not as much.

The lights are the Kuryakyn mini silverbullets, not sure what the wattage is, the amp draw is only about 4, did not have to add a load equalizer.

The lights are halogen, recommended as daytime lights, they are pretty darn bright at night too!

Back