free website stats program New Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ride

ctree

Picked up a 2011 Ultra Limited. Nice ride so far. Nice handling with the new frame compared to my 05 Ultra. But I did notice the excess heat on the right side and I am not sure what can be done. The bike has enough power for me so I am not looking for more in that department. Just need a solution to the heat.
Ctree

But I did notice the excess heat on the right side and I am not sure what can be done... Just need a solution to the heat.

Get rid of the catalytic converter. Several threads about this on the forum. Just do a quick search for "FLHTK" and "Heat." I replaced my headers before even putting 15 miles on the bike. The "cat" is just TOO hot!

Like JDPEagle, I did the samething. Got to get rid of that cat. My 2010 Limited runs so much cooler now. Before the change, the right side cover got so hot you could barely touch it. Now it just gets warm. Also, your passenger will thank you for it.

Last edited:
ctree , like everyone has said get rid of the cat and you will be happy. I have a 10' ultra it was the first thing to go. The bike will be little louder to boot. You may not want to do anything else to it. I did do stage one on mine and it runs alot better but I could live with just removing the cat too. Either get another set of headers off a 10' or 11' and gut those an reweld or buy aftermarket.

i got a 2010 limited with 113 upgrade. another thing you can do is take the lowers off and put them back on when it cooler weather. not much i can do with the heat with my motor. but as everyone else says the cat makes heat.

Ctree, another easy fix is to replace header pipe with one from a 2009 49 state and fit a 2009 exhaust pipe/baffle aftermarket one with the sound you want (the improvement in performance is automatic).

http://www.hdtimeline.com/harley_davidson_exhaust_related_issues/9763-cat_converters.html

Or you can continue and add a fueler and Air Cleaner/Element change. The wind deflectors are a given, and Zoood's (RJ's) look like they were a part of your bike with studs and conchos...

Bubba, I have the Cherry Red Sunglo/Merlot Sunglo. Looks good with or without sunshine.

If I get rid of the cats, will I have to remap?
Ctree

Back