free website stats program new rear skin | Harley Davidson Forums

new rear skin

lowrider13

Went to my dealer for an inspection and other work. Would not pass on the rear tire 6380 miles on it. No burn outs and correct psi. I was hoping to get at least 8k out of it. What is everyone else getting?

I usually get 10k out of the rear and just short of 15k on the front riding alot of 2 up but im EASY RIDER!

Hey, just have a question/opinion on tires, thought I'd throw it in here. I have @ 6900 miles on my deuce and I'll probably replace the back tire in the next 500-1000 miles. I do check the pressure regularly. I'm watching the tire closely, but the tread in the center is nearly gone. I will probably go ahead & do the front tire at the same time for my piece of mind. It isn't as bad as the back, but I'll probably do both. I got the bike with 1949 miles on it, so I don't know about what the previous owner did. I do know I haven't done any kind of burnouts, usually not many quick starts unless I just have to get out of the way and such. But, if Ohio did vehicle inspections, I don't think my rear tire would pass.

I would feel better getting both tires so I can figure out how they will wear with my driving. Is it overkill? I am guilty of replacing tires a little early on my vehicles, but I just feel better with good tread.

Hey Joy

I've been thinking here (no smart comments :D) and I think that being that you have just completed the service on your bike and are probably going to do the service on your husbands bike soon, I think you should write us up a real nice detailed post that I can put in the DIY section explaining how and what you did, the tools and oils you used and the way you went about doing things. I think it would be a real incentive to those who think they can't do a service on their own bike and have to rely on the dealer.

Don't leave anything out.

What does everyone think?...Good idea??:cheers

I'll see what I can do and get that to you. It will probably be Monday before I get it, but as the techs at work say, I work on PM time. (I do preventive maintenance, and we generally don't hurry too much unless 'they' have the clock on us, i.e. outage times).

Back