free website stats program new muffs backfiring | Harley Davidson Forums

new muffs backfiring

Das Motorad

Hey All, I put on some new mufflers at least new to me. And I am having a back fire issue on decell from time to time. I got these pipes off a bud who had no isues with them he has the same bike a stock 2000 RK other than the Air filter.
it has been changed to a K&N set up and this was done years ago he also has the same AF

Any help here

Hey All, I put on some new mufflers at least new to me. And I am having a back fire issue on decell from time to time. I got these pipes off a bud who had no isues with them he has the same bike a stock 2000 RK other than the Air filter.
it has been changed to a K&N set up and this was done years ago he also has the same AF

Any help here

Was the mufflers you took off stock or another brand and if they were you have it re-mapped/dyno'd after you put them on? Also are the baffles on these new muffs different than the ones you took off? From what I understand and read,some "pop" on decell will happen. But I'm sure somebody here will have a solid answer for you Das!!

It's all in the fuel map. Did he have a download?

Lower restriction mufflers than stock will give you some backfires from time to time.

Not that I'm aware of I will have to ask him and get back to you.
But incase he did what would be the normal HD Dealer charge to correct?

It's all in the fuel map. Did he have a download?

Lower restriction mufflers than stock will give you some backfires from time to time.

Is your question for Das or the bud he got the muffs from?? Ima touch slow ya know!!!

For either one but mainly for his bud. If he had the download and Das didn't, that could be the problem.

ok!! quick ? on this --- Say Das had V&H muffs w/ 2" baffs.with a re-map and the "new" muffs were Rush 1.5 or 1.75/ no re-map,would that cause a back fire?

Probably not but visa versa yes.(better flow)

Usually any less restrictive muffler will cause some backfiring. I have a few in mine on occasion with stock mufflers but you don't really hear them .

If you follow someone with mufflers like ovals, watch the right pipe at night and you'll see flames popping out on decell.

Back