free website stats program new member | Harley Davidson Forums

Bonjour, ça va ? I'm new, and I like to ride around doing nothing on my 883C. Been messing with my carb after removing most of the back of the airbox, and putting a KN filter. Now it sputters and misses, and it's kind of lout to be honest. Plus it won't idle anymore !

I will close up the airbox again, and put the original filter back in place this weekend. I will open the carb again to check if I fucked up somewhere last time I cleaned it, and last but not least, I have to set it right. I'm going for 2,5 turns on the air/fuel needle (running a 45 and a 190) and see from there.

Then I'l get back to you guys...

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpeg
    IMG_0625.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Bonjour, ça va ? I'm new, and I like to ride around doing nothing on my 883C. Been messing with my carb after removing most of the back of the airbox, and putting a KN filter. Now it sputters and misses, and it's kind of lout to be honest. Plus it won't idle anymore !

The K&N filter and open air box have leaned out the mix; need more fuel. If the motor won't idle at 3 turns out on the AFR screw, need to go up on the pilot jet. I assume the carb was removed to work on so, make sure there is not intake leak at the connecting rubber boot. No reason why the new filter won't work, just have to get the carg re-adjusted.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here.
Thank you very much Joyflyin nice meeting you.

The K&N filter and open air box have leaned out the mix; need more fuel. If the motor won't idle at 3 turns out on the AFR screw, need to go up on the pilot jet. I assume the carb was removed to work on so, make sure there is not intake leak at the connecting rubber boot. No reason why the new filter won't work, just have to get the carg re-adjusted.
Hi Dolt and thank you for your help ! Nice

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP. Suggest you move your post on the problem in the Fuel/Carb forum for more and better replies.;)

Back