free website stats program New Member | Harley Davidson Forums

Charlie Willis

Recently bought a used 2002 Road King FLHRI. She required some basic work when I got it and ran fine through August. We had a bunch of rain took it out for a ride ran a bit rough for about a mile and ultimately ran all right, parked it for a day or 2 and now it just turns over and over. I checked and was not getting any spark, I had the coil checked they said it was bad put on a new one same thing cranks but nothing. Any thoughts. I am comfortable doing the work, its the diagnostics I am struggling with and don't want to go down the rabbit hole of replacing components till it starts. I live in Charlottesville VA and would like to get it running so I can enjoy some fall rides.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Check to see if the spark plugs are wet with fuel and if they are, you might still have a bad coil,it can happen....also check your fuses and check for loose wires from the ignition module and ignition switch.

Welcome
Carb or injection
Also Check power to the coil
Crank sensor if injected could do it.
Sounds like corrosion from water contamination.
I had a 03 RKC with fuel injection and had the connector to ignition switch come loose.
Might pull the aprin to check.

Back