free website stats program New Member | Harley Davidson Forums

liquid_wrench

Hi everyone,

Newbe here from northern OH...I ride A 2005 Electra glide efi….45,000 miles.....motor started a fine vibration...coming home from work...all of a sudden..feels like a buzzing when I feel the air filter....motor mount is good....did the cam plate (screamin eagle) upgrade 5000 miles ago...I tore the primary side apart for a seal leak...and gasket change....think maybe its the top isolater on top of front cylinder? Anyway glad to join this fine group of people. Have a great day!

Welcome from So. Texas. You are probably going in the right direction for mounts. Do you hear any noises or tapping sounds? Check your frame also.
tourbox

Welcome. Check all around the engine frame for anything that could be contacting. I had a fine buzz, and found it to be the bungee hook from a tank bag between the rear rocker box and frame.

Welcome from So. Texas. You are probably going in the right direction for mounts. Do you hear any noises or tapping sounds? Check your frame also.
tourbox
Tourbox, I don't hear any noises at all...it vibrates(I call it buzzing) when stopped or riding,doesnt change when I pull the clutch either. It does have a slight miss when I rev it to say...1500-3000. Im going to try wires and I do have a spare coil...plugs are new HD. I do have one of those magnets zip tied to frame(for traffic light activation...maybe its loose?) I'll do some more checking and I might open up the cam chest to have a look...I installed a VH fuelpak on it...but this happened before I put that on. Bike has stage 1. Just weird how it happened all of a sudden. Might be time to get out the dial indicator.....Yikes!

Back