free website stats program New (maybe) Harley owner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New (maybe) Harley owner

Thanks, everyone. I don't remember what model bike I rented; it was in 2009 in Las Vegas. I had a great day riding around Lake Mead. Also, I'm not sure what was meant by "on the small size". Frame-wise, I'll have to ride it to see how it feels (I'm 5'11", 195 lbs.). Engine-wise, I'm sure 1200 cc is more than enough. I rode my fully-loaded Honda CX-500 (full Windjammer fairing, BagMan saddle bags, and carrying a tent, sleeping bag, tools, etc.) from New York to Denver, then to North Carolina and then back to New York in 1982, and never felt like I needed anything more. My 800 cc BMW would be an even better bike for such a trip. My recollection of the Harley I rented was that after I got used to it, it was quite comfortable and it had far more power than my BMW could ever dream of.

Hopefully I'll be able to check this bike out tomorrow...

Welcome to the forum.:cheers

You're right. Any bike can be used for touring if the rider is comfortable with it. I've gone half way across Canada and back on a '83 V45 Magna when I was a lot younger. Yes it gave me numb bottom but I still enjoyed the ride.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws

Good luck with your choice!

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks, everyone. I was finally able to see the bike yesterday. It's an XL883C, not a 1200 as I was initially told. It looks like it's in very good shape, but it has been sitting in a garage for a while, so the battery was nailed and everything is covered with a thin film of dust/dirt/grime. It has a crash bar, with both sides (and the front brake lever) showing evidence of being dropped. It has a Python exhaust system (which also has a few scratches), which I hope isn't too loud; in my opinion loud pipes don't save lives, they just annoy, and besides, I value my own hearing.

However, the biggest issue is the sudden absence of a title; if the seller can't obtain a duplicate, I'm outta there.

IDK...seems like too many negatives with this bike and not having the title is justifiable for walking away. Lots of other great bikes out there...JMO. Good luck!

IDK...seems like too many negatives with this bike and not having the title is justifiable for walking away. Lots of other great bikes out there...JMO. Good luck!

I'm with Iceman here! They are trying to sell a bike and it not cleaned up and the battery is dead? What else has not been taken care of? Add the no title issue and I'm out of there!!

Back