free website stats program new home for scoot | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

new home for scoot

By god dont forget to put a picture of her up in there. They eat that stuff up. When mamas happy it will help when you want to buy some new chrome.

Updated Pix

Pictures taken on the twelth. One door is up, walls are almost complete.

Attachments

• Photo_061209_002.jpg
    Photo_061209_002.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Photo_061209_003.jpg
    Photo_061209_003.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 41
Re: Updated Pix

Dont know if you said if you were going to put AC in it or no (in flordia i dont see how you could not) but at the very least a nice shop fan or swamp cooler in the window. I agree with a lot of outlets and keep it on a seperate circuit, and if you have not already done the eletrical go ahead and wire it for a welder. Just trying to think ahead, but mostly I am just jealous!

they are made by DBCI..appx 8x9. found on craigslist for 75.00 a piece, was going to go with just one but at that price could afford one on each side. i have one installed now and will have sides up by the weekend. gonna order the trusses tomorrow..will post a pix tomorrow when I get to work....

Why don't you build your own trusses? There cheaper that way and easy to build. Is it for permit purpose ? Oh yea, 220 gotta wire it for 220. And put your foot down about storage! My shop is 600 sq ft. and it just kills the old lady cuz I wont let her or other family members use it to store junk.I did it once and next thing I knew they had my bikes shoved into a little corner and I couldn't even work on them unless I put one outside. Shameful and down right disrespectful of a fine piece of legacy.

Is that a lake I see behind the shop? Well then you gotta put in a deck with a couple of rocking chairs. Maybe even make a roof deck so you can bet a better view.

yes, that is a lake, delmar..a lot of 5lb bass have been pulled outta that lake..im gonna build a dock/deck combo down there next...update on building: have the sides up as well as the trusses on..gotta pick up the roof (tin) this thursday and hopefully have that installed this weekend. she flexes quite a bit right now so I need to get the roof on to stop that..will up date with pix tomorrow...

You might install bike lift in the floor or cutout platform below deck so you pull the bike up and "lift away"...! Think about doing a floorplan showing where you want electrical panel, can lights, plumbing, cabinets, workbenches etc. as your creative juices start flowing through your head. As Joy said earlier, most of us guys start thinkin' like making it better than a house..."man cave" with built in sound system in wall and ceiling...proper insulation and ventilation. Sink, shower and toilet are nice pluses.

Cabinets, cabinets and more cabinets. You can never have too much storage and the cabinets will keep things organized. You can get inexpensive white ones at Lowes or Home Depot or go the high zoot route with HD licensed or Snap On steel ones.

Pix update:
Here are some updated photos. They show the building from the outside as well as a shot of the loft which is 8x16, probably extend it out to 12x16 though. also is a pix of me putting my scoot in the building for thefirst time and a shot of the temperature in Florida on Sunday..hot, hot, hot.

Attachments

• Photo_062109_002.jpg
    Photo_062109_002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo_062109_006.jpg
    Photo_062109_006.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo_062109_016.jpg
    Photo_062109_016.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Photo_062209_006.jpg
    Photo_062209_006.jpg