free website stats program New HID headlights | Harley Davidson Forums

New HID headlights

wvabeer

I just installed the hid conversion, Bi Xenon. Has anyone had any problems with these? Now my spots are yellow.
Kenny

Has anyone had any problems with these?

I guess it would depend on the kit that was used. I have seen Bi-Xenon kits range from high quality Bosch ballasts w/ Phillips capsules to pure low end junk. I was looking at those new mini size ballasts and they sure look interesting. Just wonder how well they hold up. I am tempted to give one a try since I have so little room for a full size Bosch ballast.

I have used a few Hi-end kits and they work flawless. The prices on some kits have fallen so low, it makes you wonder how they could even work. I mean a ballast w/ Bi-HID capsule for $34? How can the guy even make any kind of profit? Scary to me but who knows maybe they work.

I have used the cheap from ebay single beam HID's in my 4-wheeler for the last 2 years Beating rocks and tree roots, no problem so far I figured I'd try them in my bike. I wonder how the little motor that changes from high to low will hold up under idle and WOT vibrations. I have a spare bulb/ballast sense I used a car kit $54.

I installed a cheap hi/lo system in January and now it stays locked on hi beam. Called the company where I bought it and they sent me a new relay the other day but that didn't fix it (and it's not my hi/lo beam switch cause it works fine with stock bulb)so waiting to call them again tomorrow. Got mine for $46 shipped and they are cheap Chinese (EDIT) but that's what I paid for!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back