free website stats program New guy from southern AZ | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New guy from southern AZ

:good
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa.

3 different hole use 3 different oils...

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

What to put in the three holes is confusing sometimes. I sometimes wonder how some bike manufacturers use the same oil to do everything. Of course, maybe those engines don't last as long as an H-D motor.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The BIG reason for one oil in three holes = $$$$ and simplicity.

The best advice and not going into an oil war...:nosad

Engine:
A good grade of 20w/50 OR 20w/60 Motor oil for V-Twin MC's (dino or synthetic)
Mobil1 V-twin, Royal Purple, etc...
(I prefer using all Redline Products)

Primary:
wet clutch approved gear oil like HD's Formula +
I use MTL same as Redline V-Twin Primary lube

Twin Cam Tranny's are different than the one lube for all three holes ALSO...:newsmile055:
GEAR Oil is the best. Many good brands out there and suggested on this forum. Examples: Belray, Spectro, etc...
I use Redline ShockProof Heavy some use their Light Weight.

Harley engineers approve the oils harley sell with their Logo on it BUT they Work For HD... Might that be a little Bias:newsmile100:

IF you take the Best From the Best here on the forum, You'll save a lot of time NOT experimenting and wearing Out parts unnecessarily...

Just Ask before you jump is my advice if you have a question. I Don't think anybody is making money selling oil on this forum so you should get
Honest Answers... Bias from members is only because the OILS Work good for the member who suggest them to you...:small3d036:

signed....BUBBIE

OH YES: welcome from another Az. From HDT and choose wisely on the oils as it gets HOT down here Doesn't it...

Back