free website stats program New FLHTK | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New FLHTK

Love the bike. Just got mine in same color a month ago and had my 1000 on in the first week. No exhaust yet, just the stage 1 stuff. If you don't mind me asking, how much am I looking at for a set up like yours with the power commander duels and monster ovals?

Sweet EG...hope you broke 're in well (IAW glider's 30/60/30 plan). Good choice in scoot & upgrades - ride safe & ride plenty!

If you don't mind me asking, how much am I looking at for a set up like yours with the power commander duels and monster ovals?

I got most of the components (all but the PC-V) from Dennis Kirk (not the cheapest, but the best consistent service). The PC-V came from FuelMoto. For a similar set-up (and installing it yourself), you'd be looking around the $1,500.00 mark.

Iceman24 said:
hope you broke 're in well (IAW glider's 30/60/30 plan).

I certainly did (or I at least "tried"). Traffic in the Atlanta area (at all times) makes this a challenge at best. I was able to complete 10 repetitions of this procedure; however, I was unable to do it all at one time. The most I could get successively was 5 or 6. I hope that did the job :)

I love the Limited's.

My buddy hs the EXACT same set up on his 2010 Road King. I gotta say...those Monster Ovals set up like that have a growl like no other I've heard.

Nice choice of bike. Congratulations.

We picked up our new Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited on Friday, and have been having a GREAT time with her over the weekend. I have already installed Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, PowerDuals headers, K&N Air Filter, Power Commander V, and a few other accessories (thanks for the assistance from others on a previous thread).

Absolutely LOVING this machine!

MAX size for pics on the forum is 800 X 600. Oversize pics will be removed.
JDP - Great Bike! I have the same one and getting ready to do basically the same setup on mine. Just under 500 miles on her so far, and heading to Gettysburg this weekend for a nice ride. This is my first post on this site, figured it should be to you since you have the best looking bike I've seen so far :)

Maybe I missed this in the thread, but did you have your local HD dealer do the setup for you? If not, how did that effect your warranty? Sounds like you went straight to the upgrade, but I've been to 3 different dealers in my area and basically have 3 different answers about when to do this...1. Right away 2. 500 miles 3. or 1000 miles at the 1st service. I'm leaning towards #3 and get it all done at once.

Congrats on the new ride and info.....Much appreciated.

TK

This is my first post on this site, figured it should be to you since you have the best looking bike I've seen so far :)

First of all, welcome to the board! I'm sure you will quickly find that this is one of the best sources of information on your Harley. This leads me to your next question...

Maybe I missed this in the thread, but did you have your local HD dealer do the setup for you? If not, how did that effect your warranty? Sounds like you went straight to the upgrade, but I've been to 3 different dealers in my area and basically have 3 different answers about when to do this...1. Right away 2. 500 miles 3. or 1000 miles at the 1st service. I'm leaning towards #3 and get it all done at once.

Secondly, I did all of the work myself (I VERY rarely let anyone else touch my bikes. Goes back to the whole "If you want something done right..." cliche.). Here is the key to this equation... I was able to get a Power Commander V with a pre-installed (and dyno tested) map for this very set-up. FuelMoto (Jamie in particular) is very good with these products, and has actually dyno'ed a 103" FLHTK with this set-up. Having this already done and mapped on my new Power Commander allows for me to bypass an actual dyno run on my bike (something that most people will tell you not to do until you are at or near 1k miles on the clock). That being said, the sooner you can open up your engine's "breathing" (air intake and exhaust), the better. The engine will cool down significantly (and heat IS the biggest enemy to an engine and its components).

Thanks to the "good 'ole" EPA, our 2010's are plagued with a catalytic converter. This generates quite a bit of heat just below the passenger's right foot (I have personally measured the temperatures here in excess of 520 degrees)! Eliminating the stock headers on these models seems almost necessary.

As was confirmed by others on this board, performing these upgrades need not be limited by the miles on your bike. As long as the fuel mapping is adjusted for the improvements, your bike will thank you for it (also, see Glider's 30-60-10 break-in procedure).

Lastly, and as for the warranty... that's really between you, your dealer, and the MoCo. You should find that most dealers are very accommodating of those who "responsibly" customize their machines. There are numerous threads on this forum concerning warranties and their costs/benefits.

Congrats on your new bike as well (great colors if I do say so myself), and welcome!

Back