free website stats program New Exhaust, Can't decide | Harley Davidson Forums

New Exhaust, Can't decide

I just removed my Thunderheader 2 into 1 system from my 2005 FLHRI RK Custom, too much noise for too many years. looking at replacing with either the VH Monster Ovals w/TD headers all in black or the Bub 7 Tru Duals in Black. would greatly appreciate any comments or reccomendations. I"am looking for a much quieter sound, dont mind a little bark when getting on the throttle. other than stage 1 and a race tuner engine is stock. thanks for feedback.

FWIW, I have Rinehart TD's on my '03 FLHR and I really like them. They are mello when going easy on them but will wake up with some throttle, Most say you lose some bottom end with the TD's but I dont miss it. I am burning up gas like there is no tomorrow but I cant blame the T/D's for that.

Bodeen

I just removed my Thunderheader 2 into 1 system from my 2005 FLHRI RK Custom, too much noise for too many years. looking at replacing with either the VH Monster Ovals w/TD headers all in black or the Bub 7 Tru Duals in Black. would greatly appreciate any comments or reccomendations. I"am looking for a much quieter sound, dont mind a little bark when getting on the throttle. other than stage 1 and a race tuner engine is stock. thanks for feedback.

This is exactly how I've heard the Monster Ovals described. Heard them on a display bike at Biketoberfest last October and they sounded great just standing still.

I have a set of Cobra Slip ons...out of the bos they were quiet at idle and sounded good when you nailed it. I pulled out the fiberglass packing and they got a bit noisier which was more to my liking.

thanks for the responses, i thought about cobras but there not much quieter than my thunder headers. I"m leaning towards the monster ovals. luv that look under the bags, has any one had any negative comments besides cost. My thunder headers sold quick so I'm off the asphalt till i make a decision.

I know your header pipes are different which will have an effect but how do like the sound bith at low rpms and highway speeds. did you do chrome or black?

I have the chrome ones, the sound is great. I though i would have a issue with not hearing the radio but i dont. I am really happy with them..

thanks for the reply roofgoof, throw some pics in.. would like to see how she looks with those fat pipes. luckily the rain here in tampa is helping me stay patient and hopefully make the right choice. time is on my side for now.

I have rinehart tru-duals on my classic and the sound is great at speed and get some bark when on the throttle.I also like the line they create down the frame of the bike.

Back